..was held on 29 September 2016, IMechE Engineering Training Centre, Sheffield
Smart Actuation 2016 will feature case studies from those pioneering the latest smart actuation technology across engineering industries including automotive and medical. The programme will take you through the current developments in smart actuation, from best practice in harnessing the piezo technology to the latest smart materials such as shape memory alloys. This is a must-attend event that will bring industry end-users and manufacturers together with the materials and systems specialists to discuss the developments in applications of smart actuation. Now is the time to hear about the latest developments in industrial applications of smart actuation following exponential growth in this area. This is the only event to be held in the UK for engineers focusing on the latest industrial applications of smart and advanced actuation technologies. Take this chance to learn from others and network with key industry figures.
• Mechatronics, Informatics and Control Group, The Institution of Mechanical Engineers
• Smart Materials and Systems Committee, The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
• Professor Markys Cain, FIMMM, CPhys, Director, Electrosciences Ltd
• Steve Morris, Knowledge Transfer Manager - Smart Materials and Emerging Technologies, Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN)
• John Webster, Part Time Experimental Officer, University of Nottingham
Download Programme sem6411_sa16_br_01_02.